We know our students have a busy life outside the studio and therefore, if we can, we will always look for ways to make things more convenient for you. After all, we are more than just Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu… we are family.
Welcome to our Resource Center. Below you will find links to a couple of forms that you can print, fill out and bring with you so that you are ready to go after you have arrived instead of filling it out here. These same forms are available at the studio as well. For other Resources, continue to check into this page as often as you like.
Gracie Barra Studios Huntington Beach is are here to provide the utmost service to our students in any way we can.
Gracie Barra Studios – Huntington Beach
- Bow to Carlos Gracie Sr. when you enter the training area.
- Bow to Carlos Gracie Sr. when you exit the training area.
- Keep a respectful posture in the training area.
- Classes begin with a formal bow to the instructor, with students lining up in descending grade order.
- Classes end with a formal bow to the picture of Grand Master Carlos Gracie Senior, and then to the instructor.
- All students must line up with the attendance card in hand at the begining of the class.
- During class, when the instructor is demonstrating the techniques, every student must sit or stand in good posture.
- If you are late for class sit by the side of the training area and wait for the permission from the Professor.
- If you need to leave the mat or leave earlier you must ask permission from the Professor.
- Bow to your partner before and after practice.
- Talking should be kept to a minimum level and should relate to the class subject.
- Absolutely no foul language inside the school.
- Keep fingernails and toenails short for everyone’s safety.
- All students, Instructors, Professors, and visitors must wear the official Gracie Barra uniform. The uniform pants and top must be the same color.
- It is mandatory to wear the official Gracie Barra black rash guard or Gracie Barra training shirt underneath the kimono.
- It is mandatory to have underwear underneath the gi pants.
- For No Gi Classes, students must wear a Gracie Barra black boardshort (or black short) as well as Gracie Barra Black Rash Guard or Gracie Barra training shirt.
- The uniform must be clean at all times. A dirty uniform is a sign of disrespect.
- The uniform must be worn at all times.
- When tying the uniform, students must face the edge of the mats.
- The belt represents your progress. Keep it on.
- Refer to non black-belt instructors as “Coaches”.
- Refer to black-belt instructors as “Professors” and to Carlos Gracie Jr. as “Master”.
Your opportunity is knocking…. Seize it! Email us today and let us know which program you may be interested in and we’ll get back to you with all the information you need.
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us Today! We look forward to talking with you.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Gracie Barra in Huntington Beach, we relish in the programs we currently offer as each program has something different to offer. Check back often for future programs.
Advanced Program: Our structure defines three main stages of development for students and are based on different maturity levels. Students upgrade from one to the other in their own natural progression. View Advanced Program
Fundamentals Program: Top performing fighters and individuals follow a common set of principles that sustain their success. Our practices allow you to understand these principles through an exciting process that combines instruction, observation, practice, appropriate feedback, live training and competition. View Fundamentals Program
Private Training Program: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is like any other sport or activity: your progress is a consequence of how hard and how smart you work. Group classes are the best proven way to teach Jiu-Jitsu, however, private classes are definitely an essential complement that no serious Jiu-Jitsu student should do without. View Private Training Program
Future Champions Program: To excel in any endeavor, individuals need to have a strong set of values and a solid character that gives them perseverance to achieve his or her goals. Our Future Champions Program was created to provide children ages 3-15 that type of environment. View Future Champions Program